Monday, April 28, 2008

Tennessee.

I've been thinking about picking up and leaving a lot lately.
Most likely to Tennessee.
And the thing is that I really would, I've done it too much already.

One of the most profound thought
I have heard in a long time is,

"You don't need human relationships to be happy, God has placed it all around us." from the film Into the Wild.



I spend/have spent my entire life basing what I believe life is as the human connection. But in the end, you are the root of your life, the source, the basis. It is only you and your surroundings-- whatever you choose them to be.



If one cannot make themselves completely happy by themselves, how pathetic is that?

The foundation of life is yourself and you alone, and its when life really flourishes when you have a connection. I used to say HUMAN connection, but I am learning more and more that it doesn't have to be with another human being. It just have to be that CONNECTION.



Sometimes, life has to be experienced in the most minimalist way. Everything else just taints it.



Expand your horizons.


Think.



-sam.

2 comments:

H.Engelson said...

I would like to have a conversation with you regarding this post when finals are over.
Until then, good luck with econ this evening

Nichole said...

feeling simmilarly...don't worry i'll bring exciting things from the outside world this summer when i visit :) but seriously give me a call to talk whenever